I LOVE singing! So BAD! There is no doubt about it; even strangers can see how passionate I am when I sing. Music has become a part of my life even before I became an official citizen of this world :p My parents, and the big family from both sides, love singing and playing music instruments (mostly are guitar and piano; there are some who are playing the violin too). I grew up with Elvis Presley, Andy Wiliams, Bimbo, Chrisye, Januari Christy, GSP, The Beatles, Natking Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Joel, Manhattan Transfer et all and of course the legendary "The Sound of Music" movie. I learned so many types of music; Jazz, pop, slow rock, dangdut, even the classic one. My mom used to sing “Hari Sudah Senja” song before I went to bed and sang “Selamat Pagi” once I opened my eyes in the morning sun. She sang "Que Sera Sera" to boost my mood,, She sang "Never on Sunday" in duet with my dad and sang "Cinta" which made me adored her even more..
I learn how to sing mainly from
our family time (when my dad played the piano or guitar and my mom sang).
Sometime we divided our voices in to soprano, alto and bass like a vocal group. I
performed in some events in my town started from kindergarten, participated in some singing competitions and also
performed singing in front of my big family during family gathering. It was FUN!
I sing
any time and anywhere, literally! I sing when I am working, when writing this
blog, when driving, sitting in car, walking, taking bath, when I get bored,
before sleeping, on a bad day, when I queuing in bank, when I drunk, when I am
with him, during the anatomy and neurology examination on med school.. Just name
it! :)) People around me enjoy it most of the time; but of course, some were
rolled their eyes when I start humming in a quiet room (where is the fun when
everyone is sooo quite like that??). I certainly believe that my colleagues at
my old office are missing my voice so bad! Hahahaha..
My fav
supervisor, dr.Ayham Alomari (miss him a lot!), once printed “No singing during office hour” in a slice
of paper and pinned it on the wall behind me! (Though after a while, he finally
added the word “GO” in the beginning of the sentence after some people asked
him why he didn’t allowed me to sing. Singing has won! Woohoooo..). I still
keep this phenomenal paper, btw :))
Some
people who have watched me sing usually asked where do I take singing course or
could I teach them how to sing or even how to have a voice like me (I am flattered,
honestly).
First
of all, I thank God for giving me this voice; mostly it’s from my mom-sorry Piu
(her voice even deeper than mine). Secondly, I had never took any singing
course (even when I wanted to, mas Harry Toledo said it will change the way I
sing and at the end will affect my character. Hmmm). I can say that I am an autodidact
singer who's keeping on learning on how to sing well till my last breath :))
People
said I sing jazz (what an honor for me), but honestly I sing the way I like it.. I should admit that I
am not a good singer since I tend to change the song in to the shape I want it. My
bro and Sis were the one made the protest “You change all the songs you sing! I
barely recognize it!” :)
I
guess one day I should write a song telling how much I love singing :) I sing to express my feeling, what I hold inside.. I sing to ease
the pain, to get rid of boredom, to praise the Lord, to remember my mom, to
share the joy and the love.. Believe me, this what singing is all about!
Soo.. freely choose one song, any song you like or even play it in your iPod, CD player
or cellphone.. And sing it out loud! Yes!
Have a
funtastic week, Fellas..
And I continue singing this song..
“Wake up wake up everybody, now is
the time.. One day we’ll join hands together, No one will cry.. Searchin’ for your destination, finally you’ll find.. Wake up, wake up everybody, Now it’s the time..”
(Flabby
– Wake Up)
My bed, a bit sleepy
Jakarta, March 26, 2012

No comments:
Post a Comment