Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Shape of Memories

 I was cleaning up my room when suddenly my eyes seeing a photo album. It was a heavy square shape one with the picture of a lion exercising with a rope. I stopped what I was doing, grabbed it, sit in my room’ corner and began to open the pages one by one. 

It was a series of pictures collection of me surrounded by the family and friends. First pages consist of a bunch of pictures; when I was a baby and my late grandma held me in her arms, another one was the picture of me having 1 year old birthday with my dad and late mom, one was me when I was around 5 y.o playing with my naughty cousins in our garden and another one showed the moment with my lovely dogs Ceppy and Bimba, the picture of my family during Idul Fitri in 2010..  


The next chapter was a series of my pictures on singing competition, did a traditional dancing in several occasions i.e on TVRI (local television), during school prom, District Health Office anniversary, and the swimming competition; I also found my picture smiling with my first love  (the one who first kissed me on the lips hehehehe.. He was so cute tho..). Next, were about me with good friends, even my ex  :)) We were smiling, laughing, enjoying every single moment which had captured in the camera.. Even there was one unforgettable event when a good friend of mine, Dodi, carried me up with bare hands! I was laughing out loud when I saw it.

Boat trip to Gersik Island, Belitung Province in 2010
Seeing those pictures has brought back all the memories. Every single picture has its own history; own touch, own feeling.. Those are not only pictures.. I realize that this book not just a silly square book with lion picture on it cover; this book has shown the journey of my life.. It shares the moments, stories, remind me the feeling I had back then.. Sometimes it was ended with sadness but most of that were happiness..  It was not only made me smile, but made me remember all the things I have received in life.. All the happiness, the unfortunate events.. tears, laughs and hopes.. 

All those stories captured have reminds me how lucky and how grateful I am for what I am today. Alhamdulillah, matur nuwun sanget, Gusti.. 

I need to remind my self to print some of memories which stored in my external hard disc; just some pics which will surely lift  me up on my lowest time.. You should do that too, Fellas.. It helps you smiling, trust me :)

My cozy cold room, Jakarta March 19, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment