Thursday, November 1, 2012

A First Time

Whoa.. Its been a while since the last time I wrote here. Actually there were many times I was thinking about some topics I would like to share.. But somehow, either too lazy, too busy (hell yeah!) or just simply forgot ( you know me kan?) then I have not made it happen. My bad. :p So now, I decided to start to write again (before those deadlines haunted me again :)
Here we go..

There will always be a First Time for Everything

Life is about changes.. About up and down.. Happiness and Sadness.. Successful and un-successful.. and of course, those everything in between. We all had experienced it, although some might not even bother to think about it; but I did, I do. Having the luxury of being un-employed (defensive mode on) for the past 10 months has given me time to reflect my journey, the choices I have made and all things happened in these fruitful years.; it's finally brought my mind to the year of 2012. I recognize that this year is full of “a first time” for me..

First time I was formally un-employed.. (aside of those voluntary and consultation works)..
First time I went to several interviews (usually got a job offer without applying to the position).. and kampretely, I got rejected by all of them! (Oh, bummer! They don’t know what they have missed! Your bad, not mine! :))
First time worked as a consultant..
First time lived far away from the center of town..

First time I had a singing tour in 4 cities (6 stages and 4 radios of live performances)..
First time I performed and shared the stage with some well-known jazz musicians i.e Idang Rasyidi, Tompi, Endah-Resa, Barry Likumahua.. (on Ramadhan Jazz Festival 2012).. *It was something I have never dreamed of but hell yeah, it did happened! I should say: It's God' way!!

 


 First time went for an audition and became a finalist of a weight loss program which aired in national television.. (I need to get back on the program track immediately! Ayo masak!!)..
First time I went to the gym and do exercise with those sophisticated tools..
First time I continuously  eating boiled food (no fried, no coconut milk!) for more then 1 month..
First time I push myself to sleep before 12am.. 

First time I followed what my heart said, spontaneously met someone, picked him up at the airport and watched the starry starry nite with him.. *wink

First time got an offer and took a role as an international staff, a health delegate with all the working dynamic and managing the expectations..
First time living abroad and far away from my comfort zone.. (will create one for sure! :))
First time went to a field trip up to the hills and down to the sea shore, in bumpy-shaky roads, for a total of 3 days in a row.. (we made stops-i.e to sleep and in program areas though)


..and I am still counting on some “first times” for this year..

I believe those “first times” are being linked beautifully to each other by a red-thin string. Thing is happened for reasons. No need to question why this happen to me.. God has a bigger plan for you on top of anything. Sometimes the road we take is pretty rough, up and down,, shaky, bumpy.. Sometimes the sky is dark and you are feeling alone.. Sometimes in the middle of your way someone come and give you a sweet drink or offer you to eat a wonderful food.. You could never guess what next good things happen to you..

Enjoy those times, enjoy those moments! And one day, at some point, you will look back and remember all the roads you have taken and make a reflection on each of them.. “First time” is a start of the next step in your journey..
I remember all that and I smile. I know, He always been watching over me :)

Ok, now I should check my fish ball-chicken soup; it smells good though. Yuuumm.. :))

November 1, 2012
Dili, East Timor in my small and cozy new apartment..

No comments:

Post a Comment